Thursday, January 13, 2011

DAY 1: Where I Come From...

Where I come from, a sweet 20-something woman does not get married to the man of her dreams, own a beautiful home with a garden, run a successful business (stay with me); and then 2 years later decide to sell the home, sell the business and move to the opposite side of the country from her husband in the pursuit of a career. But that's just what I did. And my husband, Travis, fully supports me with all the love and inspiration a girl deserves. For as long as I can remember I've wanted to be an actress. When I met Travis I warned him that I had big plans and a white picket fence was not in my near future. Lucky for me, he had big plans too! After 2 years of honeymooning we decided it was time to make our move. In a moment of bittersweet reality we realized that pursuing our dream jobs might force us to live bi-coastally for a couple of years. Travis would attend Harvard Business School in Boston and I would move to Los Angeles to pursue a career in film and television.

So, here I am with half a year under my belt in one of the most transient, eccentric and sensational cities in the world. My success is palpable. And I want to share my wins with the ones I love. Thus, the reason for this blog. I thought starting a blog would be an exciting way to chronicle my adventures, but only recently did I seriously consider it. At first I thought it was entirely too narcissistic. My change of heart, as I mentioned, is due in large part to the family and friends I have dispersed across the country. It’s also a really cool way to make my art available to the public! The timing couldn’t be more perfect. I've spent 6 months learning and growing as an actor. I'm now SAG eligible and I'm in the midst of working out a contract with an awesome agent! 

The countdown has officially begun. 90 days. 3 months. Can I do this?! Is it possible to make a name for myself in the industry in a mere 90 days?  I certainly plan on it! Check back daily, weekly, as often as you like for up-to-date news on my career, my life, the cool, and sometimes crazy people I encounter and all the exciting life events of an Oklahoma actress making it happen in 90 DAYS!

1 DOWN. 89 TO GO.

Much Love,

Kirstin

No comments:

Post a Comment