Friday, January 14, 2011

DAY 2: Change Is Gonna Come...

Have you ever felt life running through your body like electricity? To the point that you actually want to sit down, be still and experience the wave of energy coursing through your veins; while simultaneously incapable of being still?! I have. And I love it. And it happens to me a lot. I’ve noticed it more than ever in my life since seriously beginning my acting career. This has nothing to do with people and everything to do with purpose. Productivity is a better word, maybe. All I know is that my experiences have taught me that people better themselves and their situations when they are productive. Often this involves other people, lots of people, but the central point being that you are productive whether you have only a few people to share it with or hundreds. You, alone, create and produce. The definition of productive is having the power of producing, generating and creating. And it’s innate. For me and just about everyone I know (maybe I just keep incredible company, haha), we feel happiest when we are productive. Consider this, if everyone in the world did something productive every day from the day they were born to the day they died - how happy, successful, progressive and purposeful would we be?

Today was one of those days for me. I felt alive and productive. You couldn’t have torn the smile from my face even when my 5 pm audition lasted until 7 pm. Seriously. Earlier today I signed with an agent that I know is going to work tirelessly alongside me in developing my career! And I figured out my living situation (that’s another important facet in life: having a home, a sanctuary for your Self). I can now take the focus and attention I had on a place to sleep and direct it towards my priority – 90 days is ticking away!

So, it’s Friday night. The weekend begins and you can, of course, count on me working on days 3 and 4 of this countdown…no time for a holiday, not yet :) Leave a note if this post inspired or provoked you – I’d love to hear your thoughts!

2 DOWN. 88 TO GO.

Much Love,

Kirstin
www.KirstinWebb.com

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you define 'productive'. I think, as imperfect human beings, we forget what being productive really means (at least I had, until just a few moments ago when I read your blog). I often correlate productivity with having to be in an office plowing through papers and documents, but that certainly does not do the definition justice. I love the way you put it ' having the power of producing, generating and creating'. That sounds so empowering. Just thinking of those three words makes me feel an electrical impulse in my very being and veins. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete